The Five Pillars
Notable places on the map of Sandpoint.
1. Sandpoint Cathedral. Easily the largest building in Sandpoint, the Cathedral is six different churches under one impressive roof. Includes shrines to Desna, Sarenrae, Erastil, Abadar, Shelyn and Gozreh. The original Cathedral was destroyed in the great fire 10 years past, but has since been rebuilt.
2. Sandpoint Boneyard.
3. The White Deer. An impressive, 3-story inn that also was rebuilt after the devastating fire about 10 years ago.
4. The Way North. A rare find in this part of the world, The Way North is a cluttered library of maps and nautical charts, all for sale by owner Veznutt Parhooh, a gnome.
5. Maver Kesk, Jeweler. Precious stones and gems can be bought and sold here. Kesk also employs a handful of local toughs as guards.
6. Junker’s Edge. Bascially the town’s garbage dump. Stuff never piles up too deeply here, though, thanks to the effects of tide and surf.
10. Sandpoint Garrison. The town’s militia barracks and jail. Sandpoint’s town guard consists of around a dozen full-time watchmen. Watchmen usually patrol the city alone, because Sandpoint is generally peaceful. Three or four watchmen are on duty at any given time. The town guard is commanded by Sheriff Belor Hemlock.
11. Sandpoint Town Hall. Office for bureaucrats and the town’s mayor, Kendra Deverin.
12. Savah’s Armory. Savah Bevaniky’s shop sells all manner of weapons and armor, including several masterwork items and exotic weapons.
13. Risa’s Place. Your basic tavern, famous among locals for spiced potatoes and hard cider.
14. Rovanky Tannery. One-stop shopping for all manner of leather goods.
15. Red Dog Smithy. Blacksmithing services.
16. The Pillbug’s Pantry. Medicines and potions for sale.
17. Bottled Solutions. Offers various alchemetical solutions and ingredients. Some of the stuff even works as advertised.
18. Cracktooth’s Tavern. Another gin joint, featuring a large stage and the Varisian version of amateur night on most evenings.
19. House of Blue Stones. A meditation temple and library dedicated to Irori, the god of self-perfection and knowledge. Usually only open to worshippers of Irori.
20. Sandpoint Glassworks. Formerly one of Sandpoint’s main industries and owned by the Kaitjitsu family, the Glassworks was destroyed in tragic fire nearly five years ago and has not been rebuilt.
22. The Curious Goblin. A well-stocked bookshop and popular reading den for local know-it-alls.
23. Sandpoint Theater.
26. General Store. A little bit of everything for sale here.
27. Turandarok Academy. The local school.
29. Grocer’s Hall. Sandpoin’ts produce market.
33. The Hagfish. Popular tavern, well known for good seafood and plentiful gambling.
35. Sandpoint Market. Open only two days a week, this ‘flea market’ offers a wide variety of goods , bringing in merchants from surrounding towns and the city of Magnimar.
37. The Rusty Dragon. Sandpoint’s oldest inn, now owned by Ameiko Kaijitsu. Features spicy, exotic foods and the town’s best musical entertainment.
40. Sandpoint Mercantile League. Offices for many of the town’s businesses. This is the place to go to book passage on outbound ships, arrange carriages, send messages to Korvosa, Magnimar or Riddleport, inquire about land ownership, construction and new business or make arrangements for caravans.
42. Fatman’s Feedbag. The town’s most notorious eatery, featuring plentiful bad food, rotgut and frequent fights.
43. The Pixie’s Kitten. Sandpoint’s only brothel. Upscale and classy by frontier standards, but not too pricey.
44. The Feathered Serpent. “Magic shop”. Stock changes regularly as merchants from Magnimar and Riddleport come in to buy, sell and trade.
45. Hannah’s. A house of healing, run by elf Hannah Velerin, a cleric of Gozreh. Takes care of many of the town’s minor aches and pains, but specializes in “women’s issues” and midwivery.
47. Valdemar Manor.
48. Scarnetti Manor.
49. Kaijitsu Manor. Owned now by Ameiko Kaijitsu. She spends most nights in her rooms at the Rusty Dragon, but takes monthly 2- or 3-day breaks from the business at her family’s estate.
50. Deverin Manor.